[Announce] Release of mod_log_sql 1.99

Edward Rudd urkle at outoforder.cc
Wed Jul 28 14:57:53 EST 2004

Mod_log_sql 1.99 has now been released.. I figured I might as well get
it out the door before another day/week/month goes by.  Everyone who is
using the 1.9x (pre 2.0) releases are encouraged to upgrade, as this
releases fixes an annoying segfault that has been around for a while. I
would like 5to thank Shawn Michael for helping pointing out the source
of the crash.

I've included the DBI and PGSQL drivers with this release as well as two
batch scripts to compile modd_log_sql under windows.  tThe pgsql driver
is not completed it is "pending completion when I finish reading through
the pgsql headers/manual".  The dbi driver is mostly competed and only
tested with libdbi 0.7.2 against mysql and postgresql. The dbi driver
currently lacks the ability to create tables on the fly like the mysql
driver does.

Things next up on my TODO list.
* Cleaner LogFormat syntax (I hate one letter symbols).
* delayed inserts for mysql
* table creation for pgsql/dbi

You can download the new release from
http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/apache/mod_log_sql/

And, as always, report issues to the mailing list, or the issue tracker
at bugs.outoforder.cc.

--
Edward Rudd <urkle at outoforder.cc>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/