[Mod_transform] meta tag created but not wanted, and not ended

Stanislas Ormieres stan at stormier.net
Tue Dec 7 10:45:54 EST 2004

Thank you for your quick answer, now it is better... but (I am sorry for
this 'but') I get this message from mozilla and firefox :

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
with it. The document tree is shown below.

-<html>
 -<head>
   <title>Movie Catalog Transformed</title>
  </head>
 -<body>
   <h1>My Movie Catalog</h1>
   <hr/>
   <h2>The Matrix</h2>

:/

Le Mardi 07 décembre 2004 à 08:14 -0700, Paul Querna a écrit :
> Stanislas Ormieres wrote:
> > Hello, I am quite new to mod_transform, and I don't know why it
creates
> > a meta tag in the <head> (<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
> > content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">), especially a <meta>
withtout /> at
> > the end which make it impossible to parse with mozilla and firefox.
> >

> It generates it without the trailing / because libxslt thinks it is
in
> HTML mode.
>
> [snip]
> > movie.xsl :
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> > <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> > xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>
> Adding the following should 'fix' it:
>    <xsl:output
>          method="xml"
>          version = "1.0"
>          encoding="UTF-8"
>          omit-xml-declaration="no"
>          indent="yes"
>          doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
>          doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"
>           />
> > <xsl:template match="/">
> >   <head>
> >     <title>Movie Catalog Transformed</title>
> >   </head>
> >     <h1>My Movie Catalog</h1>
> >     <hr/>
> >     <xsl:for-each select="/MovieCatalog/movie">
> >     <h2><xsl:value-of select="title" /></h2>
> >     </xsl:for-each>
> > </xsl:template>
> > </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> Thanks for using mod_transform :)
>
> -Paul

Actually I have even made a FreeBSD port for it :D
But I don't know if it will be committed...

--
Stanislas Ormières <stan at stormier.net>
16 rue Pierre Nicole