[Mod_transform] Apache error - undefined symbol: _xmlParserInputBufferCreateFilename

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Fri Apr 1 20:21:44 EST 2005

I just loaded mod_transform 0.6.0 on my way to installing mod_svn_view,
and ran into an error when restarting my Apache engine.
The error reads:
       Syntax error on line 271 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
       Cannot load /usr/local/modules/mod_transform.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_transform.so: undefined symbol:
_xmlParserInputBufferCreateFilename

The mod_transform.so file generated itself successfully in the right
place, so I thought it was all good.

When I went back to the 'Make Install' screen spool, I found a warning
in the output.  That warning is:
       Warning! dlname not found in
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_transform.so.
And I got it right after the script was copying to my Apache modules
directory.

I tried to google for it, but got no help.  Any help provided here would
be appreciated.

General breakdown of system:
SUSE Enterprise Server 9
P3 600MHz