[Mod_transform] XSL Parameters

Edward Rudd urkle at outoforder.cc
Tue Jun 17 18:34:43 EDT 2008

what is currently implemented as part of issue #6 is active and been
running on outoforder.cc for over a year.
It is used on the documentation pages for mod_ftpd and mod_log_sql
(2.0). where the a query arg is sent to the page and available as a
function in mod_transform.

The way it works is I pass a ?chapter=/3/4/ to the page (generated in
the index) which the code in the xslt selects the 3rd top level
section and the 4th subsection.  How this is fetched in the XSLT is
via a call to apache:get('variable'). Example

<xsl:variable name="chapter" select="apache:get('chapter')"/>

the function availability can be tested with
<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="function-available('apache:get')">
  </xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

Now another user has submitted a good amount of code that provides a
cleaner implementation of doing this that is simpler and I believe
more uniform/portable for XSLT files.  I just haven't had time to
review the code and push out a new release.

If the current code that is running on outoforder.cc will work I can
create a snapshot based on that for you.  Otherwise you can
experiment with the SVN trunk of mod_transform.