[Modules] mod_vhost_dbi additional configuration for Virtual Hosts

Graham Weldon graham at weldon.ath.cx
Mon Feb 19 20:54:53 EST 2007

Not being intimately familiar with how mod_vhost_dbi works, is it
possible to provide some generic additional configurability for generic
modules?

Something like:

So you could provide a static value, or the result of a query when
setting up the vhost.

Eg:
eg1:    VhostDbiAdditional "CBandLimit" Q:SELECT bandwidth_limit FROM
vhost_info WHERE ServerName = &{RequestHostname}
eg2:    VhostDbiAdditional "ErrorDocument 404" Q:SELECT 404_document
FROM vhost_info WHERE ServerName = &{RequestHostname}
eg3:    VhostDbiAdditional LogSQLTransferLogFormat Q:SELECT log_format
FROM vhost_info WHERE ServerName = &{RequestHostname}

The last example being a way to allow users to set configurability for
logging stored (for some reason?) via a database served control panel.

Again, I am not sure if this is feasible, or easily integrated into the
module, I am just throwing ideas out there.

Cheers,
Graham Weldon
Software Developer