[Modules] apr_memcache BUG

André Cruz andre.cruz at co.sapo.pt
Tue Nov 27 05:48:43 EST 2007

Hello.

I've written to this list before regarding bug 68 (http://issues.outoforder.cc/view.php?id=68
), I encounter this bug daily. I have long-running processes that use
apr_memcache and I have to restart them regularly or else they use up
all the memory of the machine.

I have have tested the latest revision from the apr-util repository
and the latest from http://svn.northnitch.com/apr_memcache/trunk/ .
They both exhibit this behavior.

There is even a testcase attached in the bug report and I sent, in my
previous email, the output from a memory profiler... I don't know the
APR enough to try and fix this bug unfortunately.

What I would like to know is that if there is any chance that this bug
will be fixed in the near future? I understand that the developer(s)
may not have enough time to maintain this library but I need to know
if I should rewrite my code against a different C API.

Thanks for your time,
André Cruz