[Modules] IE and FF not loading the same certs

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Fri Aug 1 05:50:35 EDT 2008

ray at cayuse.com wrote:
> odd because I have the EXACT same version of IE7 and it is not
> working correctly.

Oh sorry,

Actually you're right, IE7 on XP doesn't support SNI after all.  I was
under the impression that it worked, but I've tested again with both the
32-bit and 64-bit versions and it doesn't work in either of them.  (SNI
is not sent, and so mod_gnutls falls back to the certificate of the
first-configured vhost.)

Apparently IE7 supports SNI only when running on Windows Vista.  That's
a real shame.  Browser support is shown here:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Browsers

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain