[Modules] proxy issue with mod_gnutls

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Feb 21 12:49:24 EST 2008

Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We just switched from mod_ssl to mod_gnutls on all our servers, so as to
> benefit from SNI (we use virtual hosts for each of our web
> applications). Everything was fine, excepted on one server, where proxy
> doesn't work from an unknown reason in the ssl virtual host:
[...]
> When accessing https://zope.msr-inria.inria.fr, the client hangs a long
> time for an answer, which finally comes as "Site error" message, with a
> "404 858" error status in the logs. The waiting time before the error
> occurs is superior to mod_proxy timeout configuration. Using a direct
> proxy rule instead of a rewrite rule show the same behaviour:
>
> ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/
>
> Everything works OK in the non-ssl vhost on port 80. And it used to work
> with mod_ssl. Which make me suspect an issue in mod_gnutls.

I don't know how the mod_proxy is supposed to work and I've never tested
it against mod_gnutls. If you run apache2ctl with -X and gdb where is
the timeout occuring? As far as I can test when connecting to your site,
the TLS negotiation is correctly performed and the correct certificate
is returned.

regards,
Nikos