[Modules] Err: GnuTLS: Unable to load DH Params: (-67) ASN1 parser: Element was not found.

Matthew Thorley matthew.thorley at novusllc.us
Fri Feb 22 11:41:54 EST 2008

Greetings I'm trying to use mod_gnutls 0.4.0 and I'm getting the
following error when I load the module and restart apache.

GnuTLS: Unable to load DH Params: (-67) ASN1 parser: Element was not found.

My server is Ubuntu 6.06 LTS which does not have packages for
mod_gnutls (or recent version of gnutls) so I have compiled from src.
I'm using gnutls 2.3.1, which I've installed into /opt. I configured
mod_gnutls-0.4.0 with:

configure --prefix=/opt --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2 --with-libgnutls=/opt

Everything compiles and installs with out error. But as I've said,
there is an error when the module loads. It seems the me the trouble
is with gnutls and not the module, or maybe I have a linking problem
or some other library trouble, but I can't tell.

If anyone has seen this and know the cause/fix, or can at least point
me in the general direction I would be very greatfull.

Thanks
--
Matthew Thorley