[Modules] Difficulties with gnutls: version issue?

Jeff Rice python at finity.org
Thu Jul 3 16:56:01 EDT 2008

Jeff Rice wrote:
> This is looking like the route that will work.  For whatever reason,
> 0.5.2 wouldn't load but 0.5.1 does.  Still having issues with the
> cache: neither dbm works (Cannot create DBM Cache at
> `/var/cache/apache2') or memcached.  I'm installing the apr_memcache
> library now, we'll see.

Bingo!  Everything is working now, including DBM.

What I did:

Installed from source apr and apr-util 1.3.2, and apr_memcache 0.7.0.

I believe the first two are required both for DBM and for memcache use.
At least, both started working after I installed and neither worked
before.  I want to go with DBM for the time being, since the SSL
site is low traffic and memory is scarce.

Thanks Steven for the pointers.  I do think some of these issues could
be documented a little better -- I'm fine troubleshooting errors but
it's hard when no reference on the error exists!

Jeff