[Modules] Error using Fedora 8

Ramos, Frankie J. (KSC)[BIONETICS] frankie.j.ramos at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 12 09:52:29 EDT 2008

I'm getting this error in my ssl error log, using the apache that comes
with Fedora 8 (installed from rpm,  2.2.8):

[Thu Jun 12 08:37:52 2008] [crit] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] configuration
error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /admin

I'm trying to access https:://www.server.com:/admin and that directory
is under ssl and basic auth with mod_auth_xradius.  The setup, for
testing, is:

LoadModule auth_xradius_module modules/mod_auth_xradius.so

AuthXRadiusCache none -

    SSLRequireSSL

    AuthName "User/password required"

    AuthType basic

    AuthXRadiusAddServer "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" "xxxxxxxxxxxxx123"

    AuthXRadiusRejectBlank on

    AuthXRadiusTimeout 2

    AuthXRadiusRetries 2

    AuthGroupFile /xxx/xxx/group_admin

    require group admin

Group admin is defined in file "/xxx/xxx/group_admin".  But I've also
tried it without a group, just with straight "require valid-user" and I
get the same error.

The module compiled with no errors, and I've got the same configuration
working perfectly in a stock Fedora 5 server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frankie J. Ramos

Software Engineer

The Bionetics Corporation