[Modules] mod_gnutls making Apache use 100% CPU

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Apr 24 05:40:52 EDT 2009

Sander Marechal <s.marechal at jejik.com> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> I recall something like that, it happened if the cache was corrupt.
>> Maybe you could stop apache, copy away /var/cache/apache2/gnutls_cache,
>> and start apache again, to see if it solves the problem?  Save the cache
>> file so we can try to debug why this happened.
>
> That worked!

Good.

> I have a copy of the cache. Before I publish this on the mailinglist
> here, what is in the cache? No private information like private keys or
> anything?

I don't think it contains private keys, but it definitely contains
secrets for the TLS sessions you have had live.  Maybe you could get dbm
people to help you debug the file for them, there are probably some dbm
tools to inspect dbm files.

Maybe Nikos can answer this better, I'm not a mod_gnutls developer (yet
:)).

/Simon