[Modules] Cannot get client certificate verification to work

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Tue Jan 13 03:32:54 EST 2009

I have done some more digging and its weirdness. It looks like
mod_gnutls does not take the VirtualHost directive into account.

Below is again the configuration of my two virtual hosts. The Subversion
server only has a server certificate. The CakePHP virtual host has a
server certtificate (in fact, the same one as the subversion server) and
requires client-side certification.

If the Subversion server is loaded first then neither virtual host will
ask for a client certificate. If the CakePHP host is loaded first then
*both* virtual hosts will ask for client-side certificates.

So, it looks like GnuTLSClientVerify does not take the virtual host into
account in the below configuration.

Bug? Or is something wrong with my configuration?

--
Sander Marechal
Lone Wolves Foundation