[Modules] Name-based virtual hosts not supported?

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Tue Jan 13 04:41:52 EST 2009

I have done some more digging with regards to the Client Certificate
issue I described in my previous e-mail. It looks like name-based
virtual hosting isn't working at all on my setup. I discovered that
after I changed the self-signed certificate from one of the virtual
hosts for a certificate signed by CACert.

In my setup, both virtual hosts are served with the configuration from
the first virtualhost, i.e. they both use the self-signed certificate.

I am using Apache 2.2.9 as supplied by Debian Lenny, along with
libgnutls26 2.4.2 and mod_gnutls 0.5.1 as supplied by Debian Lenny.

My configuration:

NameVirtualHost *:443
Listen 443

# First virtual host, using a self-signed certificate
<VirtualHost *:443>
        DocumentRoot /home/sander/projects/odf-shots/trunk/server/www
        ServerName cakephp.jejik.com:443

	# SSL using GnuTLS
	GnuTLSEnable On
	GnuTLSPriorities PERFORMANCE:%COMPAT
	GnuTLSCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/selfsigned.jejik.com.cert
	GnuTLSKeyFile /root/certs/selfsigned.jejik.com.key

        LogLevel warn
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
        ServerSignature On
</VirtualHost>

# Second virtual host using a sertificate signed by CACert.
# But, it is served with the self-signed certificate from the previous
# virtual host. That can't be right!
<VirtualHost *:443>
	# SSL using GnuTLS
	GnuTLSEnable On
	GnuTLSCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/svn.jejik.com.cert
	GnuTLSKeyFile /root/certs/svn.jejik.com.key
	GnuTLSPriorities PERFORMANCE:%COMPAT

	ServerName svn.jejik.com:443