[Modules] Announcement: Fedora + EL packages now available

Erick Calder e at arix.com
Thu Oct 1 21:49:32 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

mod_gnutls is a great solution and should be available as a standard
part of the various distributions out there.  I've taken the trouble
to walk the module through the Fedora submission process - it is now
available in distributions F10, F11, F12 and Rawhide, for the all
platforms, x86, PPC, 32 and 64 bit.

On Redhat EL-5 the module won't build due to its requirement of
libgnutls >= 2.4.0 which is not available on that distro.  in any
case, the module should now (or soon) be available via your local YUM
repository.  Install like this:

	# yum -y install mod_gnutls

additionally, as Fedora does not support SRP, the module had to be
compiled with --disable-srp.  Please make sure to document its
availability wherever possible.

If I may be of assistance in any way, please feel free to contact me.

- erick