[Modules] mod_gnutls

Hardy Griech ntbox at mardys.de
Sun Dec 5 16:18:07 EST 2010

On 05.12.2010 22:11, George J. Walsh wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 21:14 +0100, Hardy Griech wrote:
>
>> gnutls has some advantages over openssl for my application which are
>> really critical.  So mod_gnutls is also critical!
>>
>> Hardy
>
> I was unsuccessful at getting mod_gnutls up and running a month or so
> back, which resulted in my using openssl for TLS support. Haven't
> experienced any problems with that to date, but am curious to learn what
> you do not receive with openssl which might prove critical down the line
> for us. Meantime, it would be great to have Paul's involvement once
> again as the original author of mod_gnutls.

I have modified mod_gnutls to use pre shared keys.  Modifications were
quite simple.  When everything is tested, I will make the small patch
available and Paul will hopefully merge it into mod_gnutls.

The other advantage of mod_gnutls over mod_ssl is, that maximum
fragmentation length (embedded system!) in gnutls is really working as
it is supposed to do.  I had no success to make it working under openssl.

Hardy