[Modules] mod_gnutls: does gnutls_allocate_* the counterpart gnutls_free_*

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Nov 19 04:06:33 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM, George J. Walsh <gjwalsh at dscvcp.org> wrote:

> After resolving the permissions problem experienced with gnutls_cache, I
> started testing more thoroughly this morning. All was quiet until the
> first time the browser was addressed to https. The correct page was
> displayed but cpu utilization climbed to 100%. Surprisingly, at least to
> me, when the httpd service was stopped, cpu usage fell, but only to 50%.

Which process was having 50% load?

> This test failed in the same way across 4 different users. Normal usage

What do you mean by that?

> Kind of more a flood than a leak???
> Anything I can do to help you resolve this?

It looks unrelated to the other issue. Try to find out which configuration
options causes this problem (and if it is apache the one that has the
high load). Is it the cache option that caused the CPU load to climb?
Just try to make it reproducible and just tell me how to reproduce it.

regards,
Nikos