[Modules] [mod_gnutls] Keep-Alive possible?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Sep 23 06:10:20 EDT 2010

On 09/23/2010 11:22 AM, Hardy Griech wrote:
> On 22.09.2010 22:48, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>> On 09/22/2010 10:13 PM, Hardy Griech wrote:
> :
>>> Both "DB" and "DEFAULT" generate a file with '/tmp-ram/gnutls: Berkeley
>>> DB (Hash, version 9, native byte-order)'
>>
>> Does the DB have problems with many connections (e.g. when using siege
>> on the webserver)?. I had issues with that and that's why I made sdbm
>> the default.
> :
>
> Autsch, it seems that - even without GnuTLSCache configured - siege has
> or generates errors:
> [Thu Sep 23 11:07:56 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] GnuTLS: Handshake
> Failed (-9) 'A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.'
> And thats with '-c1'!  With '-c2' it is looking worse:

Don't worry about those errors. Siege interrupts the handshake
abnormally and that's why mod_gnutls is complaining. I should lower the
level of those errors. The errors I were seeing was about the (berkeley)
DB not being able to store more session. Anyway I've made it
configurable to select either the default (with dbm option) or sdbm if
sdbm is specified instead on the gnutlscache directive.

> Do you know about any other https stresser?
Not really.

>> I have libapr 1.3.8 and this could be the issue. Maybe something was
>> introduced in libapr that causes that issue in apr_dbm. It seems I
>> should allow flexibility on using the various DBs.
> The apr_dbm is in apr-util.  My libaprutil1 is at 1.3.9, so not so far
> away from yours.

I have the same version of aprutil...

regards,
Nikos