[Modules] mod_gnutls support for looking up SRP user params in SQL DB (e.g., GNUTLSSRPPasswdQuery)

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Apr 28 02:58:13 EDT 2011

Quinn Slack <sqs at cs.stanford.edu> writes:

> Right now, mod_gnutls uses a flat-file SRP verifier to store SRP user
> params for TLS-SRP. I would like to implement a database backend
> similar to mod_authn_dbd so that mod_gnutls can query an SQL database
> for a user's SRP parameters.

I think this sounds great.  If it is possible, please design this in a
modular way internally so that it is will be easy to write a LDAP
backend eventually.  Some people may want to put the SRP verifiers in a
LDAP directory.  I suspect it won't be hard to do this -- just try to
separate the calls to the data storage from the parts that use that data
as cleanly and minimal as possible.

/Simon