[Modules] Does mod_auth_xradius normalize user names?

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at azariah.com
Tue May 24 20:31:10 EDT 2011

Accidentally sent this to Paul before I realized there was a user list
for the modules. Sorry Paul!

We have an interesting situation where usernames with the wrong case (or
even a leading or trailing space) are being authenticated.  I've read
through some of the mod_auth_xradius source, and I don't see any
normalization going on.  Does the module normalize as user name before
it queries?  Or is this the AD server against which we are querying
doing the normalization?

Thanks!

--
Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
joshua at azariah.com - Jabber: pedahzur at gmail.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A