[Mod_ftpd] Changes to use 'mod_ftpd' with Win32

Edward rudd urkle at outoforder.cc
Tue Oct 25 11:31:31 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 13:56 +0200, Marlon van den Berg wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Attached you find a modified 'ftp_protocols.c' file and a diff report file
> of the changes.
> With these changes *mod_ftpd* does fully run under WinNT4 and WinXP.

[snip]

Thank you very much for these changes.  I had been notified prior about
the stack space issue (but not all occurrences of it).  I will try to
patch these up and make an updated release sometime this week. Some of
these are already in the subversion trunk of mod_ftpd

Also, in the future please try to provide all patches in unified diff
format. (tortoisesvn.tigris.org is a nice Windows SVN client w/ a
diff/merge tool that can produce these)

> I also tested the last two changes with usage of *malloc* and *free* instead
> of using *apr_palloc*. It looked to me as if both download and upload were
> faster. The only disadvantage is that the *free* has to be placed before
> every *return* statement within the function.

apr_palloc is the preferred over malloc as it will use APR's allocation
routines which handle deallocation automatically (less worry about
unfreed memory).