[Mod_ftpd] can not attach to share memory

Edward rudd urkle at outoforder.cc
Tue Apr 4 10:08:26 EST 2006

This is a known issue.  You have to clean up the existing shared memory
segments and remove the mod_ftpd shared memory lock file (either in /tmp
or in your apache2 httpd home directory). use the command ipcs as root
to view and clean up shared memory segments (all ones owned by the
apache user).

I have not yet figured out how to get it to cleanly re-attach to or
reliably cleanup the existing shared memory.  The shared memory only
gets left behind on a BAD exit of apache.  If apache is shutdown
correctly it usually seems fine.