[Modules] linking issue with mod_gnutls

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Wed Feb 20 03:30:00 EST 2008

Hello.

I'm working on mandriva official mod_gnutls package. I recently upgraded
it from version 0.2 to version 0.4.2.1. However, I can't make it work,
because of linking issues with gnutls:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/extramodules/mod_gnutls.so into server:
/etc/httpd/extramodules/mod_gnutls.so: undefined symbol:
gnutls_srp_server_get_username

Actually, this symbol is defined in libgnutlsxx.so, while mod_gnutls is
linked with libgnutls.so only. I tried to replace gnutls 0.4.2.1 m4
macros by the ones from version 0.5, making mod-gnutls link against
libgnutls-extra.so in addition, but this doesn't solve the issue :(

The ugly hack would certainly be to force linking against
libgnutlsxx.so, but I'm relunctant to use such kind of workaround.
--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs