[Modules] Difficulties with gnutls: version issue?

Jeff Rice python at finity.org
Thu Jul 3 12:24:46 EDT 2008

I'm having trouble getting mod_gnutls working.  I am running Apache2
under Debian Etch, and used the version in apt (libapache2-mod-gnutls).
  When I try to run, I get the following error:

Forcing reload of web server (apache2)... waiting apache2: Syntax error
on line 190 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/gnutls.load: Cannot load
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_gnutls.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_gnutls.so: symbol
gnutls_openpgp_crt_get_name, version GNUTLS_1_4 not defined in file
libgnutls-extra.so.26 with link time reference
  failed!

Obviously this is a version issue between libgnutls 1.4 and 2.6.  But
how do I resolve it?

Jeff