[Modules] Difficulties with gnutls: version issue?

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Thu Jul 3 12:41:14 EDT 2008

Jeff Rice wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting mod_gnutls working.  I am running Apache2
> under Debian Etch, and used the version in apt
> (libapache2-mod-gnutls).

I'm running Debian Etch here, too.  Is there even a version of the
libapache2-mod-gnutls package in stable (Etch)?

I'm not able to check this right now because packages.debian.org seems
to be down.  I'm guessing you must have installed some packages from
unstable (libapache2-mod-gnutls, libgnutls and maybe others)?  If so, I
would have thought you would have hit a lot of missing dependencies.

It may be that libapache2-mod-gnutls doesn't specify its dependencies
properly, but I can't easily check that while Debian's package search is
down.

I just compiled gnutls 2.2.5 (aka. 26) and mod_gnutls 0.5.1 from source
and configured it in Apache manually.  I installed apr_memcache from
source as well (which in turn requires Apache's apr and apr-util) but
that's optional.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain