[Modules] mod_gnutls

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Nov 16 03:41:59 EST 2010

On 11/16/2010 01:39 AM, George J. Walsh wrote:
> We are in the process of adding gnutls functions to our apache httpd
> server.
>
> The server is running Mandriva cooker (2011.0) with kernel
> 2.6.36-server.
>
> Apache is at rev 2.2.17
> mod_gnutls is at rev 0.5.9
>
> We have encountered a problem with the config file for mod_gnutls.
> It includes the statement:
> 'GnuTLSCache dbm conf/mod_gnutls/gnutls_cache'.
> When httpd service is started, it fails with the following logged error:
> [Mon Nov 08 15:52:17 2010] [error] (20019)DSO load failed: GnuTLS:
> Cannot
> create DBM Cache at `/etc/httpd/conf/mod_gnutls/gnutls_cache'
> (20019)DSO load failed: GnuTLS: Post Config for GnuTLSCache Failed.
> Shutting

That's pretty strange is /etc/httpd/conf/mod_gnutls/ a writable by
apache directory?

> I gave some thought to changing dbm to memcached in the interim, but
> GnuTLSCache still wants a path. Then I attempted to turn things off (ie:
> none) but again it wants a second argument???

I'll see to fix the issue with "none", but to disable it you can just
comment it out. Why memchached doesn't work for you? (it requires
mod_gnutls to be build with memcached support)

If caching is an issue, due to space, you can also disable server-side
caching and enable GnuTLSSessionTickets to use the client as a "caching"
place.

regards,
Nikos